Monday, March 9, 2009

Dropping Litter

I see Bill Bryson want to fine more people for dropping litter.

Having been involved in Shopping Centre Management, It is no use keep blaming and punishing the public.
It just wont work.
Who ever is responsible for clearing litter, they need to be far more pro active than we are in Britain.
If I was running a town or city centre I would have 24 Hour litter picking. it would be non stop.
For the countryside the same, teams of people going round just clearing any litter.
In time as people always find a litter free area the dropping gets less and less.
OK have fines for the most blatant problems but they should be the last resort not the first.
I know I have done and proved it.
If my litter pickers saw someone dropping litter they went up to them and said. " Thanks for dropping that, you are keeping me in a job". They never had to speak to the same person twice.

No comments: